Below is a list of things I do when I am anxious.
Anxiety is uneasiness or distress of your mind and heart that is caused by fear of what is going to happen or what might happen. As Christians we have a huge advantage that non-believers don’t even know about: the Holy Spirit. Jesus told his followers that the Holy Spirit was coming to comfort and guide his people.
26But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
27 Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. John 14:26-27
So if we have perfect faith we should never worry or be anxious. But my faith is not perfect, I do worry and get anxious. You do too or else you wouldn’t be reading this article.
So here are some things we can do:
- Surrender it to Jesus. Whatever it is that I am worrying about I give it to God to take care of and I tell Him I accept His will. Remember that in the end the only thing that matters is what happens after the end. Our hope is eternal life with Jesus.
- Meditate on God’s word. “They” say that meditation helps relieve anxiety, but the kind of meditation they are talking about is emptying your mind. It would be so much better to fill your mind with Gods Word. Read it, study it, memorize it. For tips on memorizing …
- Praise and worship. Sing! Play your favorite praise music and sing along. I am always amazed at how much better I feel after singing praise music.
- Thank God. You may not feel like thanking God for what is going on in your life but there are a lot of things you can be thankful for. You can always thank Him that he created this beautiful world. Make a list. Start a gratitude journal.
- Use essential oils. Essential oils can help you feel more calm and less sad or distressed. Profoundly! I highly recommend using essential oils. But do not ever let anyone tell you that essential oils can heal your soul or spirit. Only Jesus can do that. Essential oils can change your emotions so that you are in a better place to receive healing from God. But the actual healing is from God.
- Make something. Get creative. It doesn’t matter what you make, just make something. When I am not feeling great I like to paste. I collage pretty magazine images, scrapbook papers or ephemera.